Friday, January 24, 2014

Oil Painting in Progress of an Elk, by Deborah Flood

 

Elk Progress Large Web view

 

I have always worked in Oils, at some points during my life. I used to work with them a lot, but as I started to sell more works, it seemed my Watercolors sold more than the oils. Of course that could be because I had more watercolors to offer.

The last year, I had to work mainly in Watercolors, as I had to create them for a solo exhibit in the International Museum of Art of El Paso, Texas. They requested 40 works!

Now that exhibit is over, and it was great, I might add, I have set up a section of my studio to get back into some oils again.

This Oil Painting in Progress, is the blocking in stage of a new Oil on an Oil Primed Linen Canvas Panel. 16 x 20 inches.

This is an Elk that I had the privilege of photographing a couple Summers ago in Angel Fire, New Mexico.
The image above shows the progress of today's work. Not bad coverage for the first pass over. Once this is dry, I will be layering more upon it and adding in details.

Thank you for stopping by and taking a look.

~Deborah

No comments: