Friday, September 13, 2013

New Mexico, Oil on Linen Update by Deborah Flood

 

                   facebook 2

Above is a cropped detail of the work I have been doing on my Oil on Linen painting of the New Mexico Cliffs and rocks.

I've been glazing transparent colors over those back cliffs, defining more shadows, light, and shapes. Some areas I left and worked on another area. It still has a long ways to go, before it is finished. Always cleaning up lines and adjusting colors, light, shadow.
I love painting the rocks and I'm enjoying bringing them to life on my canvas.

                    New Mexico oil progress 9 Large Web view

This above image shows a little more of the painting, but not the bottom half.

And, on a different NOTE: I have started Key Board lessons! That is really fun, and it is making my brain work for sure! Soon, I will be learning how to read sheet music as well. This is something that I have wanted to do for a really really long time.

As I get older, I’ve had some good friends pass from Cancer. It’s very sad, but it also is a wake up, of sorts, for me. You know, when we put off things we would really like to do, because of lack of funds, or time or both and say that we’ll do it “Someday”? Well, Life is short, 51 years has gone by for me, in a blink of an eye. I have had a wonderful life so far and have been able to do and enjoy so many things, I am truly blessed. I have no regrets at this moment in time. And, well, I’d like to keep regrets at bay, in the future. So I’m taking my music lessons!

And I have homework now! Music home work! I’m not sure when I had home work last. I think it may have been back in the ‘80’s when I took some painting and drawing classes. Ha ha…yup, that was awhile ago.

I hope that you can make time for the finer things in life, and what you would like to try or do. We cannot fail. Failure only happens if we don’t learn anything from it. And failing is when we don’t try and do nothing.

Have a great weekend!

Deborah

http://www.debfloodart.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a topic which is close to my heart...
Thank you! Where are your contact details though?

my blog

Deborah Flood said...

Dear Anonymous,
All of my contact info is on my official website at http://www.debfloodart.com.
Thank you,
Deborah Flood